Admissions Information for Exchange Students
Almost all of the
exchange students in Mannheim come to the university through an
exchange programme offered at their home university. For more
information on your application, please contact the International Office
at your home university.
After the successful completion of your application for the exchange programme, you will then be nominated for a study abroad programme in Mannheim.
Find out more about why studying in Mannheim offers one of the best exchange experiences in Germany here.
Admissions Information for International Degree-Seeking Students (Bachelor)
The Admissions Office
is the central office for all applicants (German and foreign
applicants). In order to apply for a Bachelor's program,
interested candidates should complete the online application form,
print and sign the forms, and submit them to the Admission Office
between May 15th and July 15th.
NEW: Tuition fees
for international students (starting in the fall semester
NEW: Tuition fees
for the second degree (starting in the fall semester
Selection Process (for all Bachelor Degrees at the School of Social Sciences)
The selection process is conducted by a committee of two full-time
lecturers at the School of Social Sciences, which is usually
completed by the beginning of August, and is based on a list of
- Average grade of the university-entrance diploma (equivalent to the German Abitur)
- Final grades in maths and english.
- Other achievements relevant to the intended study programme, e.g.:
- employment in the following areas: psychiatric or psychotherapeutic clinics, counselling services educational settings, consumer research, statistics, advertisement, human resources, nursing, child care, youth work, social work etc.
- voluntary work in the following areas: church, theatre, sports, music, spokesperson at school, political party, council, public relations, homes for the elderly or disabled, youth organisations etc.
Anyone who wishes to study with us full time must submit sufficient Proof of German language skills.
Admissions Information for International Degree-Seeking Students (Master)
If you have any more questions regarding your application procedure please contact the admissions office.